Fresh canape from Thailand
- 150 gram packet cooked Fraser Isle Spanner crab meat
- 2 cups grated green papaya
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut shavings or bought coconut flakes, toasted
- 12 baby choi sum leaves, betal leaves or cos lettuce leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 birds-eye chilli, sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 50 gr Yarra Valley Salmon caviar
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves or small basil leaves
- Remove crab meat from the packet, gently mix the crab meat with its own tasty liquor.
- In a pestle and mortar grind garlic, chilli and salt to a paste. Add sugar, fish sauce and lime.
- Mix this paste/dressing with the grated papaya. Set aside.
- Wash the choi sum, betal or cos leaves, then dry.
- Place a small amount of papaya in the centre of the leaves, top with Fraser Isle Spanner crab, then garnish with salmon caviar, basil and toasted coconut.