An irresistible Asian inspired omelette
- 150 gram packet cooked Fraser Isle Spanner crab meat
- 4 free range eggs preferably organic
- a dash of soy sauce
- a dash of fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts, bottom trimmed
- grape-seed or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- a few drops of sesame oil
- coriander or baby shiso leaves
- Remove crab meat from the packet, gently mix the crab meat with its own tasty liquor.
- Add lime juice, chilli and trimmed snow pea sprouts to the crab, mix and set aside.
- Mix oyster sauce with boiling water, set aside.
- For best results, make 1 omelette at a time.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, add a dash of soy and fish sauce to taste.
- Mix with a fork.
- Place a pan on a medium high heat (non stick or cast iron will work best here) add grape seed or peanut oil.
- Turn heat up, when pan and oil are hot, add egg mix which should puff slightly.
- Cook for 1 minute or until omelette base is set. Now add half of the crab mix to the centre across the length of the omelette.
- Lift the base of the pan and roll/fold the omelette down to encase the crab, let cook further to set, 1 minute.
- Place cooked omelette on a warm plate, spoon some of the oyster sauce around, add a few drops of sesame oil then garnish with bay shiso or coriander.